Hello from the staff at All Creatures!!
All Creatures Animal Hospital is seeking an associate veterinarian for a full-time position in Lake Zurich, IL. We are a busy 7 doctor practice in the Chicago Northwest suburbs. We have been serving the Lake Zurich area for over 20 years. We are an AAHA certified hospital and enjoy a highly compliant clientele who expect the very best for their pets.
Our hospital boasts a very diverse group of experienced DVMs with an average tenure of 15 years. We are constantly improving our facilities and technology. In our 8,000 square foot facility, we offer modern equipment including full diagnostic capabilities including in house laboratory, ultrasound and digital (DR) radiology (including dental).
We are eager to add a team player, who enjoys practicing high quality medicine with excellent communication skills, a great work ethic and a fun-loving personality. We prefer an experienced veterinarian, however, we are willing to consider the right new graduate. Experience or interest in surgery or dentistry would be a plus.
Our hospital is a great place for mentoring newer grads and collaborating cases with our wealth of experienced veterinarians.
The Lake Zurich community is a wonderful area to raise a family with award winning school systems and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities and community/cultural events.
We reward our veterinarians with competitive salary, bonus, and benefits including healthcare, 401K, CE, vacation, dues, liability coverage and more. Please contact Jamie Root at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant
All Creatures Animal Hospital — Lake Zurich, IL 60047
$12.00 - $16.00 per hour
Veterinary technicians are responsible for assisting doctors throughout the day. All veterinary technicians and assistants will adhere to the baseline requirements established by RTAC Inc.
- Provides compassionate care to cats and dogs
- Adequately hold fractious and aggressive animals in a manner that prevents injury to vet techs, the doctors and the client
- Accurately assess and record the mentation, temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate and respiratory effort of hospitalized cats and dogs
- Performs nail trims, express anal glands, administer vaccinations and injections, draw blood, administer Sub-Q fluids and medications (oral and subcutaneously)
- Medication refill in hospital and outside pharmacy
- Collects urine, fecal and blood specimens as directed by the doctor
- Knowledge of proper way to use the microscope to test and read lab samples
- Understand the purpose and proper handling of different blood collection tubes
- Perform routine ELISA tests, such as heartworm, feline viral tests, urine specific gravities, hemocrits, total protein tests, urinalysis dipsticks, direct fecal: centrifugation and flotation procedures and read blood glucose test strips
- Understand the paperwork and procedures of outside laboratories used by the practice
- Call backs for patient’s lab results and post-surgical calls to clients
- Any client communications directed by doctors and/or veterinary technicians
- Follows a regular schedule for cleaning and sanitizing all cages, runs, wards and related areas; changes litter boxes and does laundry
- Keeps all areas of the hospital clean and neat and fully stocked
- Basic laundry maintenance
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Maintain pleasant and cooperative relationships with other employees
- Genuinely enjoy working with animals even when they are ill or in pain
- Lift and carry cats and dogs weighing up to 50 lbs
- Walk, bend or stand for extended periods of time
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Health Care (BCBS), Dental and Vision
- Pet Healthcare (Discount)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) vacation pay
- 401K & matching contribution
Minimum 18 years old
High school degree
Previous veterinary technician experience preferred
Full-time, MUST work two Saturdays a month
LEAVE US A RESUME BY EMAIL AT Careers@allcreatureslakezurich.com